Education: Bachelor's Degree (experience may substitute for education) CCNA or CCNP desired.
- Understands and is competent in the configuration and administration of network protocols such as: VRRP, HSRP, STP, LACP, 802.1q VLAN trunks, and others
- Possesses knowledge and understanding about routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of network cabling standards including TIA/EIA, ISO/IEC, IEEE, and others
- Possesses knowledge and understanding of network hardware including modular switches, routers, high-availability systems, and secure network architecture
- Performs installation of software and firmware on switches and routers
- Coordinates to plan and execute network upgrades in an operational environment with minimal down-time
- Possesses knowledge of emerging network technologies and trends
- Understands solutions for network security and has demonstrated the ability to learn and apply emerging security solutions including: next-generation firewalls, security zones, Application Layer Gateway inspection, and defense-in-depth
- Demonstrates the ability to troubleshoot and resolve network problems independently or collaborating with a team
- Possesses knowledge and familiarity regarding packet analysis, packet captures, packet headers, and the associated protocols and standards
- Provides metrics as required
- Must be willing to work on a team with shared and individual responsibilities including administrative and technical tasks, recommendations for hardware and software purchases, case studies, collaborative design, problem resolution, and others
- Identifies, recommends, and implements cost-cutting solutions and efficient practices
- Years Of Experience: minimum 3 - 7 years network administration
- Experience performing break fix on enterprise class IP networks
- Knowledge in the configuration, installation, operation, and maintenance for routers, switches, and firewalls
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on experience with IT infrastructure, with a concentration in networking – routers, switches, circuits etc.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to analyze risk and report problems concerning system requirements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Security Clearance Requirement:
Candidate must be a US Citizen and able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance.
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.