An Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) with at least 5 years of experience as a DSS/DoD/or other Federal Agency ISSO. Familiarity with NIST RMF processes and documentation to fulfill Assessment and Authorization (A&A) requirements. Ideal candidate has strong knowledge of a wide-range of NIST Special Publications including NIST SP 800-53a and NIST SP 800-171. Familiar with managing security controls for protection of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI). Tasks include, but are not limited to: continuous and annual training for all security related disciplines; in depth knowledge and understanding of COMSEC; supervise day-to-day security activities; interpret and enforce government and company security policies and provide direction and guidance; interface with DSS and government customers; provide security education and awareness, conduct security briefings, participate in self inspections and audits, and investigate security incidents. Will also perform additional duties as a Facility Security Officer (FSO) to include: Personnel Security, Physical Security, Information Security, Document Control and Visitor Control. Also, must be available to support after-hour needs (physical security, alarm response, traveling, etc.).
B.S in Computer Science, Computer Security, or a related discipline or equivalent experience. CISSP or Security+ Desired.
- Experience with implementing security controls in accordance with NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-171.
- Experience developing and documenting NIST RMF accreditation packages for approval.
- Knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent teamwork skills, results oriented and self-motivated
- Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
- US Citizenship required
- Experience with ACAS and CMRS or similar capabilities.
- Experience with Test & Evaluation
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
- Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
- Ability to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
Candidate must have an active Top Secret security clearance
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.