Hands-on Systems Engineer to apply skills in the operation and sustainment of enterprise service and cyber capabilities. Duties include working closely with the other systems and software engineering members of the team to document requirements and architect solutions/capabilities based on stakeholder input. Work with the project manager, other members of the team, and system end users to plan and coordinate all test activities to verify and validate any and all changes to the system and ensure that requirements are being met. To plan for, document and execute verification and validation procedures. Take initiative to identify improvements in testing processes and procedures. To assist in the troubleshooting and debugging of operational issues impacting deployed capabilities. Follow engineering best practices and customer processes. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in a similar position, and a well-rounded scope of knowledge with excellent customer service skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience using Unix or Linux operating systems (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or greater)
• Experience with Unix/Linux scripting languages to automate recurring tasks
• Experience using VMWare, VSphere, and other virtualization technologies
• Experience with software and system testing/QA
• Experience writing system test plans, test cases, test reports, and executing system tests.
• Experience maintaining information systems configuration management
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent teamwork skills, result oriented, and self-motivated
• Excellent analytical skills
• Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
• Secret clearance required, Top Secret preferred.
• Experience with Docker, Ansible, and other related technologies.
• Experience working with and delivering DoD information system solutions under NIST RMF.
• Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
• Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
• Ability to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
• Ability to find innovative ways to solve problems
• Experience working within a rigorous engineering process e.g. CMMI Level II or greater and employing engineering best practices
• Experience with information system operation and sustainment
• Security+ and/or CISSP Certification
Candidate must have an active Secret security clearance
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.