Entry-level or Junior Software Engineer to apply skills in the architecture, design, and development of front end and/or back end applications for enterprise and cyber services. Duties include designing and developing systems in a team-oriented environment. Developing and integrating information sharing applications and services utilizing leading-edge technologies, agile development processes, and distributed/high performance computer applications. Working closely with the other systems and software engineering members of the team to document requirements and architect solutions/capabilities based on stakeholder input. Follow engineering best practices and customer processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience developing with Java and other development languages.
• Experience using Unix or Linux operating systems (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or greater)
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent teamwork skills, result oriented, and self-motivated
• Excellent analytical skills
• Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
• Ability to obtain a Secret clearance required
• Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
• Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
• Ability to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
• Ability to find innovative ways to solve problems
• Experience working within a rigorous engineering process and employing engineering best practices
Candidate must have an active Secret security clearance
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.