This is a technical support position that will support the customer in acquiring software systems, conducting software assurance activities, operational analysis and risk analysis for satellite-based navigation systems. The successful candidate for this position will have the following job responsibilities:
• Work as part of a multi-disciplined systems engineering team to evaluate development and maintenance of software programs and related hardware.
- Analyzes and studies complex system requirements.
- Manages software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques, and IBM Rational Suite of tools.
- Interprets software requirements and design specifications to code and tests.
- Participate in team activities related to total systems engineering development and implementation.
• Conduct audits and audit related activities of the newly developed and maintained software systems in accordance with RTCA DO-178B/278/254 software assurance and complex electronic devices requirements.
• Provide technical support to contract development and proposal evaluation for new software-intensive procurements.
• Estimates software development costs and schedule.
• Advises the government upon request on the acceptance and approval of technical documentation, contractor developed software systems and updates.
• Supports Best Practices documentation development, reporting and implementation related to all products, studies and deliverables.
Requires Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or related discipline. A minimum of 10 years experience in engineering in the aerospace industry; two years of which must include specialized navigation experience. A Master’s in a principal or a related discipline may substitute for 2 years experience.
Experience in software specification, requirements development and traceability, design, code, and unit test, performance analysis, test case/procedure development, and test assessment in accordance with Government/Industry standards and practices. Knowledge of C, C++, and object-oriented development in UNIX-based workstation or PC environment. Familiarity with DOORS, ClearCase/ClearQuest or equivalent. ***US Citizenship Required***
• Expertise in developing and using models and simulations to verify and validate developed software.
• Software development, analysis, and testing experience with highly complex, real-time, safety critical software systems for aviation and navigation systems
• System Safety/Software assurance experience.
• US Government acquisition management experience.
• Familiarity with RTCA DO-178B/278 Software Considerations guidelines.
Must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.