Operational support engineer to apply skills in the operation and sustainment of Java-based DoD IT systems. Duties include working closely with the other systems and software engineering members of the team to troubleshoot operational issues impacting the uptime, performance, and capabilities of information system capabilities within production, staging, and development environments. Working with external customers and agencies to troubleshoot technical issues related to usage of capabilities, and tracking problems until resolution. Work with the other members of the team to deploy and test new releases within production and staging environments. Identify areas for operational improvement of capabilities to ensure mission success. Follow engineering best practices and customer processes. The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of experience in a similar position, and a well-rounded scope of knowledge with excellent customer service skills.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience using Unix or Linux operating systems (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or greater)
• Experience with Unix/Linux scripting languages to automate recurring tasks
• Experience using VMWare, VSphere, and other virtualization technologies
• Experience deploying, installing, and troubleshooting Java-based enterprise IT systems.
• Experience with software and system testing/QA
• Experience maintaining information systems configuration management
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent teamwork skills, result oriented, and self-motivated
• Excellent analytical skills
• Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
• Top Secret clearance required
• Security+ and/or CISSP Certification
• Experience with Docker, Ansible, and other related technologies.
• Experience working with and delivering DoD information system solutions under NIST RMF.
• Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
• Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
• Ability to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
• Ability to find innovative ways to solve problems
• Experience working within a rigorous engineering process e.g. CMMI Level II or greater and employing engineering best practices
• Experience with information system operation and sustainment
Ft. Meade, MD
Must have an active Top Secret security clearance
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.