Entry-level Systems Engineer to apply skills in the architecture, deployment, and integration of cross domain solutions and related capabilities. Duties include designing and developing systems in a team-oriented environment. Developing and integrating information sharing applications and services utilizing leading-edge technologies, agile development processes, cross domain solutions (CDS), and distributed/high performance computer applications. Working closely with the other systems and software engineering members of the team to document requirements and architect solutions/capabilities based on stakeholder input. Work with the project managers, external stakeholders, and other members of the team to plan and coordinate all cross domain implementation activities to ensure successful data transfer for DoD mission applications. Assist in the troubleshooting and debugging of operational issues impacting deployed capabilities. Follow engineering best practices and customer processes.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience
• Experience using Unix or Linux operating systems (preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or greater)
• Experience with Unix/Linux scripting languages to automate recurring tasks
• Experience using VMWare, VSphere, and other virtualization technologies
• Experience with software and system testing/QA
• Experience writing system test plans, test cases, test reports, and executing system tests.
• Experience maintaining information systems configuration management
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Excellent teamwork skills, result oriented, and self-motivated
• Excellent analytical skills
• Enthusiastic, proactive, positive attitude with good listening skills and high integrity
• Secret clearance required
• Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action
• Ability to adjust personal style to different situations
• Ability to work under pressure (at times) and to be extremely flexible under changing priorities
• Ability to find innovative ways to solve problems
• Experience working within a rigorous engineering process and employing engineering best practices
• Experience with information system operation and sustainment
• Security+ and/or CISSP Certification
Must have an active Secret security clearance
Solers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by law.